Our work makes a real difference to people in Cheshire. We deliver real environmental, social and community impact.
Last year we:
- Employed 22 people, 86% of who were from the unemployment register.
- Delivered 3,995 development and training hours
- Provided 20,000 volunteer and placement hours, with teams of around 50 volunteers working with us at a time.
- We recycled 140 tonnes of furniture (over 8,000 items) and 40 tonnes of electrical goods (which we test & repair).
- Collected 86 tonnes of commercial waste
- Supported 2,000 families by providing high quality affordable furniture (70% of these families were in receipt of benefits and therefore purchased furniture at a 33% discount).
Changing Lives in Cheshire is a charity and social enterprise. This means we try and be financially sustainable through our “enterprising” activities but our social impacts (the way we help change people’s lives) are at the core of why we do what we do.
It’s all about the people……………..you just might be able to pick up a bargain sofa or great value fridge!
CLiC is proud to be a member of the award-winning Cheshire Furniture Re-use Forum – find out more at: cfrf.org.uk